Mallee Track Health and Community Service (MTHCS) receives funding to provide a range of services designed to support you, and or the person you care for, to stay independent and living at home for as long as possible. Helping people stay active, involved and doing as much as possible has proven to help people stay more independent with a greater sense of wellbeing. This is the approach MTHCS takes when working with you. MTHCS community-based services include options to ensure you are eating well, getting out and about and managing your health and wellbeing. MTHCS work with you, and the people who support you, to find out the things you want to achieve and the things that are important to you. MTHCS then help put in place the right solutions with you. Staff will help you to do as much as you can for yourself to help maintain your independence.

MTHCS receives funding from a number of areas to provide community-based services. These funding sources include:

  • Multi-Purpose Service funding
  • Aged Care Funding through Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP)
  • Home and Community Care – Program for Young People (HACC PYP)
  • PHN—Rural Primary Health Care Services (Diabetes support only)
  • Department of Health and Human Services
  • Department of Veterans Affairs. 

All of these funded programs have different requirements and eligibility criteria. Staff may ask you questions and ask you to complete forms relevant to the funding stream that is supporting you to receive the particular service you are receiving. MTHCS community services are available to all members of the community requiring health services.

To access or enquire about services please phone:
Ouyen (03) 5092 1111 or Sea Lake (03) 5070 2155

Reception staff are often the first point of contact for people enquiring about services and may require personal and health details. Staff require this information to link you with the appropriate staff and services. Depending on your enquiry, the relevant staff member will contact you. This may take a few days depending on staff availability. All information is treated confidentially.

MTHCS accepts the following types of referral:

  • Self-referral from the customer, their carer or relatives
  • Referral from a health professional (GP, Community Nurse, Case Manager).

If you are 65 years or older, or 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person, or 50 years or older and on a low income, homeless or at risk of homelessness are you still living at home are you in need of help at home to continue to live independently. If you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, then you or your carer could enquire and apply for home support services by contacting the My Aged Care contact centre.  From July 1st 2016 the government made changes to how we access aged care services we now need to contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or go to to request an assessment to receive services under the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) from MTHCS.

Was this page helpful?

No Yes
Thank you for your feedback. Loading animation

Your feedback about this content is important and helps us improve our service.

How can we improve this page?
How was this content helpful?
If you would like to provide general feedback regarding MTHCS and/or our services, please complete the Consumer Feedback form.